Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Perspective


As is so often the case this time of year, it seems there is no free time for writing. I have been porting heads like a madman ....well, let me clarify; like a madman in respect to volume - not in respect to quality! On top of that the Donnie Smith Bike Show is this weekend. The show is a pretty big event, to put it mildly. It consists of 160,000 square feet on three levels containing 200 world class show bikes plus nearly 1000 vendors either selling or promoting their wares.

It also happens to be the one venue outside of the Internet where I promote my business each year. Though the show doesn't open to the public until Saturday at 9am, for me it begins on Thursday, because Neil, the show's promoter, is a long time friend. For that reason I help both Thursday and Friday with load in, usually directing bike show participants and vendors to their assigned spaces. Late Friday evening, I will finally get a chance to set up my own display, consisting primarily of examples of heads which I have ported. This year I added a display for a new service that I offer: machining for Automatic Compression Release valves in Twin Cam heads.



Lee's Speed Shop display at the 2010 Donnie Smith Show


So, if it happens that you will be in the St. Paul area this weekend, be sure to stop by the Lee's Speed Shop booth and say hello.

But all of that was just a lead in to what I really wanted to share. I came upon this statement made by a fellow who goes by the screen name of "Sir Brass" in the comment section of one of the blogs that I follow:

"The beauty of the cross is that in offering Himself as a propitiation, Christ satisfies the holiness of God, the justice of God, the love of God, the mercy of God, and the wrath of God. ALL of it, there."



I say, well put Sir Brass! That kind of puts bike shows and such in proper perspective.

2 comments:

Wes said...

Well said. Man, i am really enjoying your blog! Thank you for the great tech and even better soul food!

St. Lee said...

Thanks Wes.